Part of living your life on purpose is mental clarity. I know I mention simplifying in a way that is material things, saving money, DIY Natural Remedies etc. This is all for nothing if you are a mess mentally. I can tell you this is SUCH A STRUGGLE for me. I must credit blogger Erica Layne for some of these common sense ideas. I am working on or should I say a work in progress of focusing on things that matter and living simply. Giving up control for our type AAA personalities is always going to be a work in progress. I hope you enjoy the read.
- Have a “do nothing” day. (Regularly.) We call this a PJ day in our house.
- Design a morning routine that helps you start each day peacefully and efficiently. I can testify that my beginning of my capsule wardrobe has helped immensely with this.
- Choose an intention or a mantra for the week. For example,
Less is more.
May I practice with what I’m given—rather than wish for something else.
- Institute one hour to hammer out all the tasks you’ve been procrastinating.
- Single-task. Focus on one thing at a time rather than multitasking and doing half a job.
- Set timers to help you work with more focus and produce results you’re proud of.
- Plan a trip. Whether it’s a day-trip, a weekend road trip, or an exotic vacation, nothing reminds you to value experiences over things like travel does.
- Take a good look at your to-do list and cross one thing off that just doesn’t REALLY need done.
- Double the time you spend outside.
- Drink a Tea and listen to rain.
- Pet your fur animals.
- Take a deep breath. Take another.
- Take your shoes off and put your feet in the grass. This always reminds me of the “pop a squat” scene in Pretty Woman.
Let me know what you practice for Mental Clarity. Comment below.